November 16th, 2016
Hot off the heels of version 1.0.7 comes... you guessed it. This too focuses mostly on under the hood improvements and bug fixes. We want to make sure you always have the latest and greatest.
Windows App Improvements
We've added a huge new component to our Windows App in the form of OCR-assisted text lookup. Previously we could only grab text from applications that play nicely with the Windows Automation framework. Now we have integrated the Tesseract OCR library to allow the app to grab text from any source (as long as the text is clear and high contrast). This allows us to not only integrate with more Windows applications, but it also allows us to do much finer grained positioning and place the Ultralink much closer to the actual text.
Better Edge Support
We've polished things up and made them run smoother in Microsoft's newest browser. We have also been hard at work behind the scenes on an Edge browser extension so we can get coverage on all the current, major browsers.
- Fixed a bug in the Safari extension that prevented inline views from loading sometimes.
- Some slight tweaks to the Wikipedia inline view.
- Added better behavior when clicking on Ultralink text that is really long or really big.
- Some slight behavior change to the hover timer.
- Fixed the inline pane detach/close button to no longer scale incorrectly.
- Fixed a message formatting bug in the Twitter inline view.
- Fixed a bug relating to click events when the Ultralink is in the arrow style popup.